Linker switches [ was: Re: API's that certainly do work. ]

Colin Peters wrote:

> To summarize the summary: Don't link with -lkernel32 on your command
> line.

I guess my question is, why would you want to do this anyway? I have
been using -mwindows, which I thought was the recommended linker
switch for compiling a GUI app. I don't claim to know anything
about ld, except that it works for all the examples I have tried.

I have been unable to find any documentation about the
linker switch in question (-lkernel32) except that it appears
to be mentioned in earlier versions of the distribution.
If someone wants to explain the in's and outs of these
various (win32 specific) switches and how they are supposed
to work, I'm all ears. Do doubt this information would be
of general interest.

Regards,
DRS
-