Re: rebuilding for MIPS cross-compile

     I ran into this problem myself.  The cause is due to the fact that the
     xgcc program is referencing the build ld program instead of the host
     ld program.  configure creates a link to the correct ld program
     however it names it collect-ld for some reason.  If you copy
     collect-ld to ld you'll find the problem goes away.

     The other problem I ran into was while rebuilding newlib.  In the
     libc/stdio directory, there are a number of references to glue.h.
     Since glue.h doesn't exist in the stdio directory make fails.  I found
     a copy in the libgloss directory and just copied it to stdio and that
     problem went away too.

     The biggest problem by far, is the fact that exporting environment
     variables doesn't seem to work correctly.
     example:
     bash$ foo=hello echo $foo

     bash$

     I would expect to see:
     bash$ foo=hello echo $foo
     hello
     bash$

     Because of this bug the genmultilib script in gcc does not create the
     multilib.h file correctly.  I'm not sure how many other places this
     bug affects builds.

     | Scott A. Mintz               | voice: (216) 646-4805              |
     | Allen-Bradley Company        | fax:   (216) 646-4961              |
     | 1 Allen-Bradley Drive        | email: scott.mintz@po.cle.ab.com   |
     | Mayfield Hts., OH 44124-6118 | CIS:   71461,632                   |