Re: crosscompiling GNU, how?

Enclosed is the shell script I used to set up a cross compiler for my linux
box, It may not be exactly what you need, but reading throug it should give
you some pointers ;^).

> I have the following problem and question:
> I need to build a crosscompiler host: NeXT or Linux and target: Win95.
> I have downloaded the complete cdksrc.tar.gz package. After unpacking
> I am faced with zillions of files and some 200-300MB of source code.
> I understand that I do not need at least some of this code.
> Could I simply remove unnecessary files and packages (like hp 68k z88
etc)?
> If so what files need to remain?
(see enclosed)
> I already have a working GNU package supplied with my NeXT installation.
> I do not want to corrupt it. Should I (how and where to) change the
default
> directories (/usr , /etc)? If I recompile the lot as a user and not root
> NeXT (Linux) will not allow make to access system directories (am I
right?)
(depends on what permissions your user account has, but installing as root
will probably be necessary)
> Is it possible that I use the existing GNU compiler to produce the
assembler

(ummm, I think you mean the compiler output, and no, the compiler, and
assembler, are the 2 tools that HAVE to be different, you can rebuild your
system binutils with --enable-targets i386-cygwin32, so that you only have
1 set of ranlib ar ..., but that is a lot of work, especially since you
would need (I believe) to go to an all cygnus toolchain, and for only a
couple of megabytes I don't think it's worth it.)

> output and then run it through crossassembler and crosslinker? This would
> greatly speed up the whole procedure.

ar_obj.dif (DIF File)

gas.dif (DIF File)

SB.cross (CROSS File)