RE: Sorting environment

Sounds like a bug in whatever implementation of _putenv() you are using.
I just typed 'set' on my Windows95 machine, in a DOS box, and the
entries listed look something like:
	winbootdir
	COMSPEC
	PATH
	PROMPT
	CTOOLS_PRJ
	DIRCMD
	BLASTER
	TERM
	CMDLINE

It is conceivable that command.com, in its wackiness is reordering them
just to spite me, but I doubt it.  Parenthetical comment aside, I see no
evidence that the environment is guaranteed to be sorted.  The
parenthetical comment appears to be wrong.

stephan();

-