Re: Problem with file permissions

On Wed, 16 Apr 1997, Moenck Bob (NORANDA) wrote:

> 3)   I down loaded some of the other Release 14 applications.
>        But I am at a loss as to how to build them.
>        In particular V seems to require the Borland C compiler.
>        Can it be built with g++ ?

There are pre-compiled libraries for V for the Borland and other
compilers.  However, if you want to run V under Cygnus for Win95, you
have to compile it from source.

I have compiled the V GUI with g++ with virtually 100% success.  There is
a file on Wampler's FTP site called vwin116.zip, which is the source
code.  You'll also want to check out GNUWIN32.HOW and GNUWIN32.MAK.  The
steps in .HOW are necessary for successful compilation.  However, I ran
into quite a few problems with the .MAK.  If you're good at Makefiles,
then you'll have no problems.  If not, send me an email and I'll send you
my Makefiles.

See ya around the Mulberry bush.

--James

:)