Re: Any other shells?

> kunglao@prairienet.org wrote:
> >
> > Is there any work being done to port some of the other common
> > shells to gnu-win32?  It'd be nice to have a bit of choice of
> > shells to use, perhaps tcsh, zsh, or ksh.
>
> Try ftp.blarg.net/pub/amol
> he's done ksh an tsch I belive....

Yes, but since their not compiled with gnu-win32 gcc, all the nifty
features, like the mounted dirs,  we enjoy aren't there.

I haven't gotten around to trying to compile another shell yet, but
I'd imagine it'd be fairly easy to get a simple shell made.  Perhaps
strip out the signaling and stuff (I could live without hitting
Ctrl-C for a while longer, though it is nice to have it back in
bash).

---
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say 'Ni!' at will to old
ladies.  There is a pestulance upon this land, nothing is sacred.  Even those
who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress of
this period of history."                                   -- Roger the Shrubber
-