BAD NEWS - Apache 1.2b10 on NT

Hi there,

There's some bad news that maybe is final, at least for me.

I've built another version, that is multithreaded. But, also if is very
fast, you:

1) can make a lot of connection per second but from one only machine(I've
done almost 15 conn/sec)

2) if you connect from two machine at the same time it crash

I think the problem is that all threads share the same memory, so, if they
try to modify at the same time, they crash.
I'vealso utilized a lot of Mutex, but this don't help.

There's no mean to have memory storage space reserved for a thread.

3) Put apart that I can't fork from a thread (cause the library return an
error), so there's no cgi support. Probably this can be done through a
thread that execute the cgi, but at this point, better use msvc++.

I think that I'll put out this new (and last?) version today or tomorrow.

ciao,

-giovanni

          *                                             *
          *    MATRICE srl                              *
          *    Information Technology Solutions         *
          *    Giovanni Maruzzelli                      *
          *    maruzz@matrice.it                        *
          *    http://www.matrice.it                    *