Re: ncurses/termcap, just won't clear the screen?

Sergey exactly which bugs are you talking about?

Fixing the Makefile so that it actually cleans the subdirectories?
and lets you install just the dll instead of 20 minutes for headers and all?

Invisible text text that shows up on your screen. (duh ;^)

The delete key
should IMHO delete forward by default, at the bash prompt
not require the user to know that bind '"\e[3~":delete-char'
is necessary to get his keyboard to work properly, or that he has to use <ctrl><shift>D.
Something similar to this should probably be done for the home and end keys too.
(maybe this is a case of programers preference,
but I don't like support calls that waste my time with
why dosen't XXX key work call me funny that way ;^)

The linux termcap/info is broken for full screen access on win95, so untill someone can tell me how to

get rid of the extra ^M in wrapped lines, w32ansi will continue to be needed, I happen to like elvis.

\[J, and \[0J are broken on win95,

\E[1J is missing for linux support, it may not be documented in ncurses, but it sure is there
in the linux kernel, at least through 2.0.29, so if you're going to tell people
they can use a linux termcap don't you think you ought to support it?

Code page support may not be top priorty, but the escape chars should at least be eaten
,
not just give BAD ESCAPE messages.

BAD ESCAPE by itself isn't a very informative error message, why not tell people the
most likely reason?

info dosen't work, without some O_NDELAY implementation, so untill sombody
wants to take a crack at FILE_FLAG_OVERLAPPED, this is the best that I, working from
Tony Fitzpatrick's example
could do, and since the reads for info.exe are done by FakeReadFile something
similar to this is probably going to be necessary anyway.

When you redirect stdout to a disk file, you WANT all the ctrl chars, at least I do. ;^)

Geoff just told us that setpwent is the correct name for setpwend!

tgetent() dosen't belong in the dll, unless you are going to provide a full termcap
implmentation.

and the fix for Sleep was from YOU!!!

So what am I fixing that dosen't need fixing?

(*jeffdb@netzone.com)
       the return address for this message is anti spammed
       remove * from the above address to reply.