BASh again...

 Isn't there any documentation on how CygWin bash differs from un*x
bash? I can't seem to configure bash to read anything else but
~/.bashrc on startup. It completely ignores ~/.bash_profile,
~/.bash_login, ~/.bash_logout, /etc/profile. Neither does readline
respond to changes in ~/.inputrc and currently I lack a lot of
important keys, all those behind AltGr and I can't remap them in
~/.inputrc or using bind. Also i lack my language specific
umlaut-characters, edv EDV.
 Is this normal or is my configuration screwed?
 I only downloaded the user tools, not the development version, do I
get more info from that on bash/readline details?
 A quite funny detail I find in the fact that i got a lot of manual
pages, but no man or less :-)
...otherwise bash is working great, much better than 4DOS for NT, 4NT.

"The only stupid question is the unasked one"
-