GNU C Libraries

Hello,

        I have only recently started to explore the potential for using the
GNU system for compiling our batch programs since we have ported them from
UNIX to NT and encountered a few problems with lack of functionality in the
standard MS C environment......so, this is probably a stupid question.

        I have successfully (I think) installed the cygwin32 stuff and can
now happily build C executables (from untouched UNIX source and Makefiles)
using this.

        My problem is that I would also like to be able to use the GNU C
library.  I have been attempting to 'configure' and 'make' this but with
limited success.  The NT o.s. is not, apparently, supported in the standard
glibc-2.0 which I downloaded from the GNU pages on the web (the help files
included with the library say 'winnt' should be an option).  I suspect that
I need, somehow, to integrate the cygwin32 into the 'sysdeps' directories of
glibc-2.0 to allow for this configuration.  Has anybody done this?  Am I on
completely the wrong track?

        If anybody out there could point me in the right direction I would
be very grateful.

			T.T.F.N.

			 ROBERT

-