Re: Patch spamming

Howdy,
 To keep the mailing list clean I will setup a gnuwin32 on my personal
Web site. It will be http://www.deninc.com/gnuwin32 there I will
maintain all UNOFFICIAL patches fixes updates. If you have one instead
of sending it to the list send it to me an I will put it in the right
spot on that site. Then everyone can just go to it an download it. You
can also send a small email explaining what it is to the list. I hope
this helps... Oh by the way its a T1 so it shouldn't be toooo slow..
although some are used to faster I'm sure.....
 Oh by the way send patches or anything else you think others would be
interested in to jman@lx.net I'll setup an ftp incoming dir soon...

Tim Iverson wrote:

> Please stop sending large patches to the mailing list.  IMHO, this is
> worse than junk-mail spam -- at least those are small.  If you have
> some wonderful patch set, by all means send it to Cygnus and announce
> it to the list.  But, please don't subject all of us to 100KB of "patch
> of the day".
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Tim Iverson
>   iverson@lionheart.com