Re: Can't execute cdk.exe, usertools.exe

root@jacob.remcomp.fr (root) writes:

> > I feel rather stupid, but I just can't get the cdk.exe or
> > usertools.exe files to execute at all.  Whenever I execute them (I've
> > tried Win 3.1 and NT) it give me a stack error or protection error.
>         ^^^^^^^
> Cygnus tools are 32 bit applications. Impossible to run them in 16 bit
> Windows 3.1

But Cygnus didn't write WinZip.

>  I had a similar problem with an lcc-win32 user that repeatedly told
> me that the zip file of lcc-win32 was corrupt. At the end we found
> out that a faulty router was the culprit... Look your network
> configuration, in your site, or in your internet service provider
> (if any).

I have tried my ISP and tried from work with exactly the same results.
Also, the md5 sums check out, at least when I run them on Linux.  I'm
running on NT 4.0.

--
Corey Minyard               Internet:  minyard@acm.org
  Work: minyard@nortel.ca       UUCP:  minyard@wf-rch.cirr.com