From: gnu-win32-owner
To: bk
Cc: gnu-win32
Subject: Re: EXE has file junk in it
Date: Tuesday, June 03, 1997 9:36PM

The reason for this is probably that 'ld' is doing an fseek past the end of
the file, or is setting the file pointer beyond the end of the file. Under
Unix the new contents will be zero filled, under windows 95 they will
contain
some memory contents from the swap file. If you were editing some text files
just before the link, those discarded pages from your editor will end up in
the executable!!!

If I am right, you linked under windows 95. Please confirm this. I would
like
to know if this theory is correct.
-