Latest on Cygwin32 licensing

Just a heads up:

As newly mentioned on the project web page, Cygnus is currently working on
revising the license to allow Cygwin32 to be used by people who do not want
to live under the restrictions of the GNU Public License. There will be no
difference between the code under the new license and the code under the
GPL. If you only plan to use the gnu-win32 library for free software, then
this may well not matter to you. It should only matter if you would like to
use the gnu-win32 library in a product for which you do not want to
distribute under the terms of the GPL.

When this new license becomes available it will be announced on this list
and on the website. We expect this new license will be available in 4-6 weeks
time. Please *avoid* sending mail to info@cygnus.com on this topic. If you
must contact someone regarding licensing prior to this license becoming
available, please contact gordoni@cygnus.com, although, we would prefer it
that you wait.

I'll add that I'd prefer that this didn't become the start of another
a long discussion of licensing terms.  That can happen when the new license
comes out.  :-)

--
Geoffrey Noer
noer@cygnus.com