Re: Problem with stdout BINARY

In the patch that I posted below for bash, I neglected to set pipes in
binary mode.  The fix is a small change to execute_cmd.c, where there
is an explicit call to setmode(fd, O_TEXT) for pipes.  I'm not sure
what the intension was in placing pipes in TEXT mode, but I would
rather have binary mode pipes.  This allows commands like
"zcat bash.tgz | tar xvf -".  I put the update in the same place,

    http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/jyh/cygwin32/

Jason

--
Jason Hickey			Email: jyh@cs.cornell.edu
Department of Computer Science	Tel: (607) 255-1372

-