McAfee VirusScan

I am not on the list, but I thought I would share this with you anyway,
perhaps the maintainer of gnu-win32 could add this tidbit to the web
page and/or FAQ...

gnu-win32 and McAfee VirusScan for NT are almost *totally*
incompatible.  If you are running MV, you will get lots of fork()
failures, because MV tries to scan stuff as it gets loaded into memory,
causing the initialization of the fork() target to be delayed, which
causes bash's process control to choke.

Just running autoconf configure scripts, I would get grep, egrep, fgrep,
gawk, and tr to crash constantly.  Two consecutive runs of configure
would never yield the same results.