Re: Old GNU utilities

In article <Pine.BSI.3.96.970618230942.8641A-100000@fish.hooked.net>,
Hmmmz  <garbanzo@hooked.net> wrote:
>Well in my search for perl 5.004 (perl.com's web site seems to be down) I
>discovered that there are new versions of the following utilities, that
>may be worth including in the next release of gnu-win32, however
>I do not know what bugs may have been fixed or introduced in these new
>versions or what changes were made to make them work with gnu-win32:

I have some patches for perl5.004_01 on my web site:

http://www.tiac.net/users/cgf

I've had one person tell me that he had successfully used the patches to
build perl.

>patch 2.3

This builds without modification but, beware!  It works differently than
patch 2.0 in a number of cases.  Diff files that work fine with older
versions of patch fail with this version.
--
http://www.bbc.com/	cgf@bbc.com			"Strange how unreal
VMS=>UNIX Solutions	Boston Business Computing	 the real can be."