Re: Running executables built with GNUwin32 on other PCs

Mikey wrote:

> You need to include the parsers, bison.simple, and
> bison.harry, and maybe a few other things, do a make install,
> and see what needs to be installed where, then tar up the whole
> installation.
>
> On Wed, 02 Jul 1997 09:11:07 +0200, you wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >I've built bisonV1.18 from the standard GNU distribution using
> >the GNU Win32 cdk b18 release. The build was simple and the bison
> >executable works fine on the NT workstation where it was built.
> >The problem I have is running bison on other NT workstations where
> >cdk is not installed.
> >I've copied just the bison executable and the cygwin.dll to the
> >alternate workstations but when I run it I get an excpetion
> >"ACCESS VIOLATION".
> >I guess the installation mechanism I used is too simple ;-(
> >
> >Any suggestions ?

I've found the problem....
The target workstation didn't have a c:\tmp directory. This causes
mktemp() to return NULL which was passed on to fopen() without
checking causing a segmentation violation. I fixed the bison source
and loaded just bison, bison.simple and cygwin.dll onto the target
workstation and everything worked just fined.

Thanks for yours support.
Darren
-