Using MSVC++ 4.0 Command Line tools to compile in emacs

     Hi!

     I am using the Cygnus Win32 Emacs distribution and first of all, wish
     to thank everybody who put a bit of work into it with all my heart !

     Here at work it is almost mandatory to use MSVC++ for development, but
     after five years of working with gnu tools under Unix I just detest
     the idea. What I am trying to do is to keep the project structure only
     in teh MSVC environment, use it to generate a Makefile, and then use
     this Makefile to compile from within emacs using the command-line
     compiler etc.

     Now, I have tried to use the ProjectName.mak file as the makefile, but
     does not really seem to work - or at least nmake does not like being
     fed this file as a Makefile. What do I need to do ? I cannot create a
     custom Makefile from scratch because people insist in letting MSVC++
     do all of parameter handling etc. They would not accept my manually
     edited makefile.

     HELP !!!

     Thanks in advance,
     Arifi