RE: gnu-win32 IDE

> It does sound more like a real IDE than most share/freeware products
> that seem to go under that name (most of them are editors which can
> run a compiler and not much more). However I don't know if it really
> has anything that will make GUI programming easier (like a dialog box
> editor and such)...

The current version has no visual design program for GUIs,
it only calls the "res2coff" program written by Jacob Navia.
The design tool is currently worked on, but won't be available
before end of '97.

> ...or any sort of debugging interface worth talking
> about.

This is missing, too, but a Win32 debugger is also
under development. It is thought for our Oberon-2
compiler and therefore supports CodeView debug
information. For GNUWIN32 compatibility it would be
necessary to add functions for reading stabs debug
information.

Greetings,
Ulrich.
-