Re: Revised Cygwin32 licensing terms

GI> d) In addition, cygwin.dll essentially provides a Unix operating
GI> system emulation layer, and so it's use by a GPL'ed application is
GI> essentially no different than the use of any other operating
GI> system layer.  The fact that an O/S is not under the GPL does not
GI> prevent the O/S from being used by GPL'ed applications.

In the free software community, the question for contributors is
whether it makes sense to work on the cygwin32 Unix emulation code now
that it is no longer free software. When win32sup was GPLed,
that was easy to rationalize.

I'd suggest thinking very carefully about assigning copyright on
cygwin32 code to Cygnus.

-