Re: Resource (.rc) Files

> gwrichardson@ccgate.hac.com wrote:
>
> >      Hi,
> >
> >      I am attempting to port a Microsoft C program to GNU C.  All the
> > menu
> >      setup data is in a resource (.rc) file, which gcc can't compile,
> > and
> >      the linker can't deal with the .res file produced by Visual C
> >      (unrecognized file format). Is there some (relatively) painless
> > way to
> >      convert this to a C file, or is there an equivalent to a resource
> >
> >      compiler in the GNU-WIN32 suite?
> What you need is a program to convert .res resource object files to
> something that ld can use to link into your program.  There is one such
> programs availible from
> http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/6162/gcc.html which is the
> 'Minimalist GNU Win32' site.  Click the 'Extra Utilities' link.  The
> program is res2coff.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Eric Britten

I am the author of res2coff. If any bugs arise just let me know. What I do
not understand is that my program is not distributed with the gcc package.
I signed a document granting Cygnus all distribution rights for an unlimited
time. This program took me almost a month of hard work to develop, and it is
a pity that is not included!

> -

Jacob Navia	Logiciels/Informatique
41 rue Maurice Ravel			Tel 01 48.23.51.44
93430 Villetaneuse 			Fax 01 48.23.95.39
France
-