Re: Console GUI Utilities: Bad dll executables.

Thanks for checking out my Console GUI utilities.

I built all the executables on a Windows 95 machine using gcc and the
Minimilist GNUWin32 Package and they work on my machine, but I never
tested them on NT or any other computer.

>From the error message that is below, apparently the gnugui.dll file is
invalid for Windows NT.  There have been many problems posted to this
list regarding producing working dynamic link libraries lately
especially after b18 was released.  I don't know what the problem could
be but I will try to figure it out.

Anyone know what the problem could be?  This is the makefile portion
that produces the library(gnugui.dll).
LIBS=-luser32 -Wl,-subsystem,windows -lcomctl32 -lcomdlg32\
    -ladvapi32 -lgdi32 -lshell32 -lversion

gnugui.dll : gnuGUI.o gnuGUI-dll.o gnugui.ro fixup.o conDialog.o
standard.o printdlg.o print.o preview.o dispatch.o shell.o
     g++ -dll -o $@ $^ $(LIBS) -Wl,-e,_DllEntry@12,--base-file,dll.base
     dlltool --as=as --dllname gnugui.dll --base-file dll.base --def
gnugui.def --output-lib gnugui.a --output-exp gnugui.exp
     g++ -dll -o $@ $^ $(LIBS) -Wl,-e,_DllEntry@12,gnugui.exp
     dlltool --as=as --dllname gnugui.dll --base-file dll.base --def
gnugui.def --output-lib gnugui.a --output-exp gnugui.exp
     g++ -dll -o $@ $^ $(LIBS) -Wl,-e,_DllEntry@12,gnugui.exp
     rm dll.base gnugui.exp

fixup.o is the import fixup code.  It was compiled with b17.1 I think,
could this be the problem?  Since I don't use Windows NT, I can't test
it.  I'll compile fixup.o with b18 and publish the executables to
http://pages.prodigy.net/britten/gnugui/

-