Re: win32 installation problems

you wrote:

>"the decompression of %s failed, there may not be enough free disk
>space available in the TEMP directory"
Install shield (or I call it install s*it) uses a temp directory
to expand the files, which defaults to c:\windows\temp in win95.
If you don't have enough free disk on your C: drive(about 40Meg),
the installation will fail.
If you have free space on another drive, there is an easy way around
this problem. Just open a dos window, and type(or run bat file);

rem I can't remeber which variable it is.
set TEMP=e:\w
set TMP=e:\w
set TMPDIR=e:\w
cdk.exe

This will expand the files in TEMP(e:\w) then it will ask you where to
install the pakage. With this method you will still require about 2Meg
of free on your C: drive, since the intallation(not the expand) uses
c:\windows\temp directory as a working storage.

This is the procedure I used since I ran out of space on my C: drive,
and had to install the pakage on another drive.

Hope this helps,

David

-