Re: platform SDK for use with mingw32 cygwin32

Mikey wrote:

> Well it took me about 2 months longer than I
> thought it would, but I finally got SDK_4_ming_cygwin32.tar.gz
> posted to
> ftp://wwwdim.uqac.uquebec.ca/incoming
> it probably won't get moved to /pub/gnu* until monday or tuesday,
> but at least it's there ;^)
>
> This is my attempt at a completely vanilla win32 compiler
> (mostly) able to compile/link vc++ win32 source code
> unchanged, by using the platform SDK headers/libs
> gnu-cygwin32 and mingw32.
>
> It includes GNUmakefiles and (minor) source patches
> for compiling 90+ applications contained in the win32api.exe
> from micros*** as well as a full set of ed diffs to the micros***
> win32 headers.
>
> attached is the readme.SDK contained in the package
> it goes into a little more detail about what's involved in
> putting everything together, and tells you how to get started.
>
> Why spend $250 $500 or even $1000 to be able to compile win32 code
> when cygnus and micros*** will help you do it for free?

Thank you Mikey for your effort.

I do have a few questions about the Microsoft Platform SDK:
1.  The Microsoft web site advertises it as "for a limited time only".
Will it always be available?
2.  What type of copyright applies to the PlatformSDK and this patch?

--
Weiqi Gao
weiqigao@a.crl.com