Re: Perl5.004_01 patch for b18

In article <memo.19970731153202.52505D@horus.cix.co.uk>,
Pete Jordan <gnu-win32@cygnus.com> wrote:
>Danny Aldham <aldham@lennon.postino.com> wrote:
>
>> No, none of the above. I moved the source to a trusty unix box where I
>> could apply the patch. Also found I had to make a lot of changes to the
>> hints file: paths etc. Certainly is more bleeding edge than I expected.
>
>Yep, it's not yet a straightforward process. All the signs are that things
>will work much better when 5.004_02 emerges though.

Actually since, to the best of my knowledge, the patch that is pending
for perl5.004_02 is actually the patch on my web site, then I wouldn't
be too certain that things will work much better at all.

When I receive feedback that is of the order of "I had to make a lot of
changes", however, it is difficult to know exactly where to improve things.
--
http://www.bbc.com/	cgf@bbc.com			"Strange how unreal
VMS=>UNIX Solutions	Boston Business Computing	 the real can be."