Making telnetd and rxvt to work...

 Gunther-

Yesterday, I evenually solved these problems by doing the following :

1- Ensure the user running inetd has the following rights (change them as
appropriate using User Manager) :
    Act as part of the operating system,
    Create a token object,
    Increase quotas,
    Log on as a service,
    Replace a process level token

2- run 'inetd -d /etc/inetd.conf' ( -d in lowercase, especially when running
from NT command line)

3- ensure /etc/inetd.conf is ok (changing the path of in.telnetd if needed,
and replacing 'root' with the name of the account used to run inetd, sysroot
in my case) :
                telnet  stream  tcp     nowait  sysroot
/usr/local/libexec/in.telnetd

4- ensure you have valid /etc/passwd (and /etc/groups) :
    - LF and not CR/LF format,
    - valid home directory field,
    - /bin/bash and not /bin/sh as login shell
    exemple :         sysroot::500:0::/home/sysroot:/bin/bash

Hope this helps,

Jerome "ZoSo