CYGNUS-WIN32 and Oracle OCI7.2 Library

Hello all,
I'm new to CYGNUS-WIN32 and I have one question involved CYGNUS-WIN32.

As you may know, Personal Oracle 7.2 for NT include an API called OCI (Oracle Call Interface).
This is used to access the Oracle database.
This is a  C API . It consists of  some .h files , a DLL (ociw32.dll) and OCIw32.lib

The ociw32.lib is intended for MSVC users.

So my question is that how can I link my program with OCI library  if I use CYGNUS-WIN32 ?
 how gcc and ld deal with .LIB libary files ( not .a library file)?

My email address is mlg@spacebel.be

Thank you very much for any help,
Regards,
mlg