RE: RCS for WinNT

sshteingold@cctrading.com wrote:
>     Where can I get the working RCS binaries for winnt?
[snip]
>     (I have an environment var USER set, but apparently it's not enough).
>     Also, I use binary (aka UNIX) file format (no CRLF, just LF). Will RCS
>     work with it? (someone claimed that RCS 5.6 converts everything to
>     text - aka DOS - file format)

Both GNU RCS 5.6.4.4 and 5.7 are available from the Virtually UNIX site:

   http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/contributors.html

I'm currently using 5.6.4.4 and it seems to work fine just with USER set;
I don't need whoami or anything like that. I also seem to remember checking
in and out some small binary files and having no problems, but I do tend
to work fairly often in text mode, so I can't give a certain answer to your
second question.

Colin.

-- Colin Peters - Saga Univ. Dept. of Information Science
-- colin@bird.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp - finger for PGP public key
-- http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/index.html
-- http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/6162/

-