Re: Catastrophic failures in configuration scripts.

Eric,

> Occasionally, when attempting to execute configure scripts under bash I
> receive the following error:
>
> cygwin: Cygwin32: Catastrophic fail - unable to Create pinfo_mutex
>
> To make sure that it is not something from an earlier execution within
> the shell which is killing me, I have retried the command sequence from
> a fresh invocation of the shell.  The following is a dump of the shell
> text.
>
> C:\>bash
> bash$ pwd
>
> bash$ cd src
> bash$ configure
> cygwin: Cygwin32: Catastrophic fail - unable to Create pinfo_mutex
>
> creating cache ./config.cache
> checking host system type... i386-pc-cygwin32

I got the same type of error today.  I had downloaded the
source for pdksh-5.2.3.  I ran configure and got the following:

[/pdksh-5.2.3]$ ./configure
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
     [...stuff deleted...]
checking if opendir() opens non-directories... yes
checking if you have /dev/fd/n... no
not updating unwritable cache ./config.cache
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
cygwin: Cygwin32: Catastrophic fail - unable to Create pinfo_mutex

creating config.h
config.h is unchanged
[/pdksh-5.2.3]$

Now, the makefile was created, so I ran it ("make").
There were no errors and a pdk.exe was created.  Unfortunately, when
I run a command, it never returns back to the prompt.

BTW, I am running stock b18 distribution on winnt ws 4.0 sp2.

Any ideas?

TIA,
marc mandel
-