Re: Bug in od, cat, etc reading binary files

marcus@bighorn.dr.lucent.com () wrote:

> It seems that the thing that causes the most problems communicating
> with each other is the wholesale mounting of filesystems in binary
> mode.  This cures some big problems in the Unix view of processes in
> the cygwin world, but makes it totally impossible to share text files
> between the cygwin world and the rest of the NT/W95 world.

Eh? All my mounts are binary and it causes me virtually no problems at
all. My (Windows) text editor both understands and can be persuaded to
create LF-terminated files, VC++ is happy with them, in fact most apps are
(Delphi being the only notable exception here).

Where's the problem?

Pete Jordan ~ Horus Communications ~ http://www.horus.cix.co.uk/

"Is a polar bear a rectangular bear after a coordinate transform?"
-