Re: ... called, and it's not done yet

On Wed, 8 Oct 1997, Geoffrey Brown wrote:

> I get messages similar to this when running less and starting rxvt.
> In the case of less, when I try to search for a regular expression:
>
>     regcomp called, and it's not done yet.
>
> In the case of rxvt
>
>     seteuid called, and it's not done yet
>
> Any ideas how to avoid these ?

To me those messages are a little ambiguious, but all it's telling you is
that the function (say seteuid) is just a stub, that does nothing (at the
moment).  Unless you edit the source and comment out those lines (stub.cc
or similar) there's no way around this.  Perhaps if a syslog daemon is
ever ported.....

- alex

-