ln and cp oddities

I have been "using" the win32 port for some time but not in anger - just
playing. I have now decided to do some real work and run into some
problems associated with file permissions.

I first tried to do

	ln -s fileA fileB

where fileA exists and has only read permission. I got fileB as expected
BUT I also got a write pwermission for BOTH files. This is not the case
in real UNIX.

I tried to work around this by using copy - hence

	cp -p fileA fileB

This causes an error - undefined option - although it appears to have
worked - the file has been copied and the dates etc. have been
preserved.

I also have some scripts which use options in their parameters and test
for them

	if test "$2" = "-l"

this does not work and I get "invalid unary operator" or similar error.

Any suggestions much appreciated

Kevin
-