Elementary Problem with find

     This is, more than likely, a true newbie problem.  I've searched the
     back issues of the mailing list, and there are no other reports of
     this problem.  So, it's probably just me; but just in case...

     find is failing to take valid command strings.  I am running b18 under
     Windows95.

     Example case:
        find . -name *.c -print

     The cygwin32 version gives the following error:
        FIND:  Parameter format not correct

     Running this same command on my Linux box gives the appropriate file
     listing.

     I have also tried variations on this same theme:
        find <absolute path name (with both '\' and '/')> -name *.c -print
        find -name *.c -print     /* no starting pathname; use present */
                                  /* directory as default.             */
        find . -name "*.c" -print
        find . -name '*.c' -print

     The most interesting was:
        find "<absolute pathname>" -name *.c -print
     find ignored what was in quotes and interpretted everything else as
     search paths.

     Any suggestions on this?

     /s/
     Pat Bradford