Re: Newer gcc2 snapshot with b18 CDK anybody?

Sergey Okhapkin <sos@prospect.com.ru> writes:

> I tried this without any success :-( The same linker errors.

Looks like if I dump the new ASM_OUTPUT_SCTION_NAME and use the old one
that used to work (simple change in i386/cygwin32.h), then everything
builds without a complaint. This is true for both ss-971021 (FSF snapshot)
and egcs-971017. The problem is now is that the new executable refuse to
even start up, giving an error message like the following:

   "Not enough memory to run CYGWIN.DLL. Close some programs etc etc."

Any ideas?

btw, do you know why cygwin.dll needs to export the libgcc functions
(eg., the ones from new.o, tinfo.o, exception.o etc)? Those are quite
a bit different in the new snapshots.

Regards,
Mumit -- khan@xraylith.wisc.edu
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/