Re: help using Vim with gnuwin32 tools?

Hi John,

I sent the changes needed to make VIM work with CYGNUS to
Bram Moolenaar who was kind enough to fold these back into
the source master files.  You will also notice that he has
added $(SUFFIX) to the install portion of the Makefile so
that execucatbles created with a .exe can be installed.

VIM seems to compile and work fine with Cygnus' GNUWIN32.
I have Sergey's DLL from the beginning of September.  I will
tell you that color syntax high lighting does not work with
version 5.0p.  If you want color high lighting, get version
5.0o.  I have sent Bram a message about this and have tried
to debug it with limited success.  There's a lot of code there
to digest and understand.  At least I hope I can narrow it
down for him.

By the way, the slash works fine here.  I think you meant to
issue 'vim ./.bashrc'.  For me this will open the file .bashrc
in the current directory.  Since the code is configured with
a UNIX system in mind, it understands the '/' directory
separator.

Mike Benzinger

-