Re: Search engine?

On Nov 3,  1:10pm, Adam Taylor wrote:
> Subject: Re: Search engine?
> Why can't you just do stuff like, e.g.
>
> +curses +host:www.cygnus.com
>
> at Alta Vista's site?
>
> Adam

Did you try this before posting it to the mailing list?  If you did, you
would have discoverd that AltaVista produced three hits (on 11/4/97):

1. Xconq Home Page
       Xconq is an Empire-type strategy game, where each player contests for
       domination of a simulated world. However, unlike most empire-building
       games, it...
       http://www.cygnus.com/~shebs/xconq.html - size 2K - 18-Sep-97 - English

2. UNIX apps successfully ported with GNU-Win32
       UNIX apps successfully ported with GNU-Win32. To give you some idea of
       the power of the Cygwin32 API, we've put together a list of some of the
       useful...
       http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/ported.html - size 6K - 6-Sep-97 -
       English

3. GUILE ML archives by subject
       GUILE ML archives by subject. About this archive. Messages sorted by:
       [ date ][ thread ][ author ] Other mail archives. Starting: Sat 20 May
       1995 -...
       http://www.cygnus.com/ml/guile/subject.html - size 115K - 22-Sep-97 -
       English

I might be blind, but I didn't see any GNU-win32 mailing list hits.  Maybe you
have a different AV search engine?

--
John F. Kolen				voice: (850)474-3075
Assistant Professor			fax:   (850)474-3023