Re: Problem with GetKeyState()

GBradfor wrote:

>      What is wrong with the following program?

<snip>

>      It is compiled under bash with
>      gcc -o keystate.exe keystate.c -I$GCC_WIN_INCLUDE -luser32
>
>      where GCC_WIN_INCLUDE is an environment variable pointing to the Windows32
>      directory.
>
>      As I understand the documentation on this function, GetKeyState() takes the
>      ASCII code for A-Z, a-z, and 0-9 as input (the virtual-key code for
>      others).  It returns a value where the high-order bit is set for key down,
>      and it is reset for key up.  The low-order bit is set and reset for
>      "toggle-able" keys.
>
>      Given this, and that 0x61 is ASCII for 'a', I would think that the program
>      would print the opening statement, wait for 'a' to be struck, print the
>      next two statements, wait for 'a' to be released, and print the last
>      statement.
>
>      This ain't happening.  The program prints the first statement and hangs.
>
>      What am I misunderstanding here?

I don't claim to be an expert or anywhere close to it, but
methinks this routine is only valid when running as a
Windows task (not in console mode).  Course I don't know
much more than that.  :)

Someone else can explain how to create a windows app.

--
  ,-/-  __      _  _         $Bill Luebkert
 (_/   /  )    // //       DBE Collectibles