Mount - is there a limitation I'm not aware of?

Good day all,

I'm attempting to re-compile our software on NT. It has been developed
under Unix in a Clearcase environment using imake. If you use Clearcase
on both Unix and NT you will be aware that paths to Clearcase files in
Unix begin /vobs/<vobname> while on NT <vobname> is mapped to a drive
letter. This means that all the paths specified in the imake files
are not valid on NT.

The gnu-win32 mount command undoes this damage by allowing drive letters
to be mounted from / thus the G: drive which has Clearcase files could
be mounted /vobs/ so that G:<vobname> becomes /vobs/<vobname> ... the
Unix paths are now valid on NT!

Now comes the sticking point, while the above is true with the gnu-win32
provided bash shell the build (which uses the Visual C++ "cl" command
to compile) still claims that the paths are invalid and I'm beginning
to think that there may be some limitation to the mount command that
stops "cl" from seeing the clever stuff that mount has done.

Could someone explain it to me (and hopefully say it aint so? -
it looked like a great fix to the path problem) ? Advice from anyone
who has done a similar job using imake and/or Clearcase also welcome
(the imake list is so... quiet)

thanks to all,
Neil J Mackie.
-