du fails under winnt 4.0 after reading Recycled directory

When I run beta18's du, it works fine until it hits the Recycled
directory,
after which, it says " No such file or directory"
for all following files in the directory being checked.
For example,
1       ./Recycled
du: ./gtest: No such file or directory
du: ./ffastun0.ffx: No such file or directory
du: ./VSS: No such file or directory
du: ./temp: No such file or directory
.
.
and so on.

this problem only happens on the D: drive, not on the C: drive,
even though both have a hidden Recycled folder.

This problem happens on drive D: even with the command
	du Recycled some_other_directory
It seems dipping into the Recycled folder confuses du
from then on, regardless of whether it gets there by
recursion or because I specifies it explicitly.

Has anybody else seen this?
Thanks,
Dan Kegel
-