Re: how to get source of resource compiler and ld that supports .res

From: vischne@ibm.net <vischne@ibm.net>
[original poster] >>> I could build gnu-win32 cross on FreeBSD2.2.2.

[vischne@ibm.net]

>In theory, you convert .res files to .o files and link them to the
>executable.  In practise, these executables don't register under Windows.
>What I mean is that an icon .res file doesn't show up as an icon when
>the Windows file explorer displays the name of the executable.

I don't find I have that problem, at least under Windows 95. I am using
the latest version of windres and EGCS 1.0 from Mumit Khan, but I think it
worked with rcl and res2coff as well. Is this an NT-only problem, or
perhaps a problem with the tool set you are using to add the resources?

Either way, the sources for ld and windres should be available from Mumit
Khan's site
(http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/egcs.html)
somewhere.

Colin.

-- Colin Peters -- colin at fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp
-- Saga University Dept. of Information Science
-- http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin
-- http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/6162

-