RE: Why text=binary mounts

> Yeah, you don't have the GNU make utility (I'll be deep in the cold, cold
> ground before I figure out how to use that one, and not for lack of
> trying).

Have you tried reading the manual?
GNU make actually comes with quite good documentation.

Yeah, my problem was trying to get automatic dependency checking combined
with lack of patience.  I finally gave up and went to batch files.  I
agree, the GNU make documentation is good. Maybe if I had a full Unix
setup, everything would end up working better.

Gary R. Van Sickle (tiberius@braemarinc.com)
Electrical Design Engineer
Braemar Inc.
11481 Rupp Dr.
Burnsville, MN 55337

> Yeah, you don't have the GNU make utility (I'll be deep in the cold, cold
> ground before I figure out how to use that one, and not for lack of
> trying).

Have you tried reading the manual?
GNU make actually comes with quite good documentation.

> So what is Unix'
> advantage over MS when it comes to software development?  Is it simply
that
> the GNU stuff is available free?

The advantage is the number of existing tools and the ease of
building your own tools, by combining scripts, existing tools, etc.

--
Fergus Henderson <fjh@cs.mu.oz.au>   |  "I have always known that the
pursuit

-