Re: socket programming in Win95, concurrent server

Thanks! I fingure out this from your web site later. Anyway, signals
don't work very well in Win95 too. Later I swith to use the Win32 thread
instead the old unix way fork/exec. It works. Kinda! It stops once a
while for no reason. It seems to me the Berkeley socket in GNU-Win32 is
not really thread-safe. So I switch to winsock. It works but just that
Unix like anymore.

waikong

Sergey Okhapkin wrote:

> Wai-Kong Sung wrote:
> > I would like to know whether passing a child process inherit the
> socket
> > handle from the parent in gnuwin32/Win95.Ç??
> >

> Socket() call on windows95 creates a non-inherittable socket! Download
> patched cygwin.dll from my web page - it handles this bug of Win95.
>
> --
> Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos
> Moscow, Russia
> Looking for a job

begin:          vcard
fn:             Wai-Kong  Sung
n:              Sung;Wai-Kong
org:            Communication Devices, Inc.
adr:            1 Forstmann Court;;;Clifton;New Jersey;07011;U.S.A.
email;internet: waikong@commdevices.com
title:          Engineer
tel;fax:        (973) 772 0747
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0