Re: Newbie questions....

Hi,

>I had to set HOME=/home/martin via the System icon in the NT Control Panel
>(under the Environment tab). This works fine but I'd be interested in
>knowing if anyone has been able to do it from .bashrc or equivalent.

HOME must be set before you start bash, because otherwise your .bashrc
can't be found.
So either you have to run bash from a .bat/.cmd script as cygnus.bat,
which comes with B19 or you have to set your env vars through control
panel. Of course you can change HOME in .bashrc, so that it points to a
different directory then.

>Regards,
>	Martin

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
-