Re: adding home to cygwin.bat for win95

in config.sys
SHELL=C:\COMMAND.COM C:\ /e:4096  /L:1024 /U:255 /P

In explorer open \windows\system
right click conagent.exe
in properties Misc
set quick edit
unset fast pasting
in properties Memory
initial environment 4096

Open Start Menu\Programs
right click Cygwin32 Beta 19
in properties Misc
set quick edit
unset fast pasting
in properties Memory
initial environment 4096

These 3 things should let you open cygwin32
programs from anywhere without worrying about
running out of env space.

On Thu, 2 Apr 1998 10:43:31 PST, you wrote:

>I wanted to add my home directory to cygnus.bat.
>
>I got "out of environment space".
>
>I ended up having to prefix the command line with:
>
>c:<path>\command.com /e 1024
>
>to get enough environment space.
>
>Is there a better was to handle this?  Is there a global way to increase
>the environment size for all command.com's I run on win95?
>
>marty		leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com
>Don't  confuse education with schooling.
>	Milton Friedman to Yogi Berra
>-

Linux a platform built by, and for users, standing on
the firm legs of reliability, and speed.

Microsoft Windows, a platform without a leg to stand on.

(jeffdbREMOVETHIS@netzone.com)
delete REMOVETHIS from the above to reply
         Mikey
-