Re: accent

Eduardo,

When you type your code in you using the ANSI character code page.  When
you output to the console, the ASCII character set is used.  The characters,
as you have noticed, do not correspond to the same hexadecimal values.  The
way you get around this when your using MS Visual C++ is to call the
CharToOem and OemToChar for converting between the two character sets.
Technically the code page used by Windows is tagged MS-ANSI, or ANSI Code
Page 1252 for American English and most European languages.  The console
uses IBM Code Page 437, at least on my system.  If you want to write the
proper character codes out to the console window, you'll either have to
write a conversion routine or type them in as strings with the proper
codes.

Regards,

Mike Benzinger

-