CVS and B19

I would like to setup a CVS server on an NT4 sp3 computer using B19 with
coolview but I'm unable to get the cvs server to accept my passwords.
I think I'm overlooking something very simple but I just can't find it.

I downloaded cvs-1.9.26.tar.gz from www.cyclic.com, got coolview +
remote.tar.gz, libcrypt, crypt.exe and patches to run cvs without inetd
and add extra logging.
All compiles well, runs but when I try to login with cvs login I can
enter a, the password but I always recieve the message  'authorization
failed: server abc rejected acess'.

Looking with some file snoop utilities I see that /etc/passwd is parsed

Could someone tell me the exact steps to get a cvs server running using
B19?
Things like /etc/passwd, use of crypt, where to place the output of it,
commandline examples, anything that will help

Thanks,

Joop

----
Joop van de Wege (JoopvandeWege@mail.mococo.nl)