RE: gtk1.0 is OUT!! Please help building the library!

I create simple file 'config.cache' with a couple of lines:

ac_cv_path_LD=${ac_cv_path_LD=/bin/ld}
ac_cv_prog_gnu_ld=${ac_cv_prog_gnu_ld=yes}

and copy it to the same directory where 'configure' is.
Check paths of your ld.exe.
After it 'configure' works fine and produces static libs. Some intersting
question: is it possible to create a shared libs (dll)?
And another comment: if you try to build a gimp (as I've done) and succeded
in it you could experienced trouble with gimp plug-ins and shared memory -
gimp hangs up every time when you try to use plug-ins. Starting
'gimp --no-shared' don't solve the problem. Error is located somewhere in
libgdk.a that is included in the gtk package.

With best regards,

Valery Tulnikov,
valtul@demos.su

-