RE: EGCS Win32 gcc compiler wanted

The real problem then is "text mode pipes".  Search the archives for
more information on this.

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
--earnie_boyd@yahoo.com--
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

---Gorton Zhao Guo Wei <gwzhao@multiwave.com.sg> wrote:

> Mumit,
>
> Yes, I am using the FAT file system on NT, but the problem does not
seem to be that you mentioned below. To me, it seems to be a problem
with tar utility. I used the following command to unpack and tar this
egcs-1.0.2_tar.gz file. It took me more than 20 hours to do this but
still could not finish it.

> tar -xvfz egcs-1.0.2_tar.gz.
>
> To fix this problem is easy, just separate this to two steps as
follow.

> gzip -d -xvfz egcs-1.0.2_tar.gz.
> tar -xvf egcs-1.0.2.tar
>
> Thanks,