Re: mount/find: no xdev'ing

Larry Hall wrote:

> At 10:44 AM 4/25/98 +0200, you wrote:
> >find seems not to recurse mounted subdirectories.
> >(B19.1 on Win95)

> On cygwin, you don't need the directory entry.  Have you made directories to
> act as place holders?  If not, do so and I think you'll find the semantics
> are
> more what you expect...

I created the mount pointish subdirs, again. It does
not seem to change the behaviour of 'find' or 'man',
at least: it still does not work the way it should.
Thanks for your help, though.

An interesting point: if the place holder and the
mount point would reside on the same partition,
the attempt to create the place holder dir, results
in an error 'file exists'. If they are on different
partitions, this error does not occur --- and the
mount is not fully functional (as stated).

Either, beyond the mount point subdirs the mounted subtree
should always be seen (don't know whether this is possible
with Windo$), or they should be kept solely virtual, and so
to be seen by cygwin-apps, only.
The current "solution" is a bug.

It seems like, at least for win95, the cygwin directory must
be placed on a partition d:, mounted as root, and everthing
else should be build logically and physically below this root,
at least on the same partition,
or you run into several oddities.

Bjorn

--
BGKS Bj"orn Kulms      Tel. +49(3677)670014     Tel. +49(5363)71468
Tech Univ Ilmenau      Max-Planck-Ring 8c/L62   Kronekenberg 1

-